- Disaster risk assessment
- Concern assessment and participatory disaster risk management
- Stakeholder involvement and communication
- Disaster vulnerability assessment
- Disaster prevention and mitigation
- Disaster recovery and reconstruction
- Enhancing resilience
- Business continuity
- Institutional/ organizational arrangements
- Risk governance
- Policy for integrated disaster risk management
- Financing risk (e.g., catastrophe insurance)
- Economics and cost/benefit analysis
- Natural hazards, made-made hazards and multi-hazards
- Flood protection
- Earthquake risk management
- Climate change
- Disaster reduction hyperbase (DRH)
- Lessons learned from extreme events (e.g., volcanic ash cloud, oil spill in Gulf of Mexico)
Venue: Western University, Ontario, Canada
Dates: 30 October – 1 November 2014
The 5th Conference of the International Society for Integrated Disaster Risk Management (IDRiM 2014) will be hosted by Western University, in London, Ontario, Canada from 30 October to 1 November 2014. The theme of the conference is “Building Disaster Resilient Communities.”
This is the official website of the Integrated Disaster Risk Management (IDRiM) Society, which was launched in October 2009 at the 9th IIASA-DPRI Conference on Integrated Disaster Risk Management in Kyoto, Japan with the participation of over 100 international experts, practitioners, and individuals from more than 20 different countries working in the disaster risk management field. Please find here information about the IDRiM Society, how to become a member, important news and events, as well as links to other resources and organizations.
Here you will find information about the IDRiM Society, how to become a member, important news and events, as well as links to other resources and organizations.
Group photo at the launching of the IDRiM Society on 15 October 2009 at Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan.
The conference hosted six plenary sessions and 27 parallel sessions including five special postgraduate(Young Scientists Sessions – YSS) oral sessions. In total the event comprised over 160 presentations with inputs from over 30 countries.
Best Young Scientists Paper Awarded
During the IDRiM 2013 Conference the top 10 papers submitted to the YSS received recognition.
The first Prize went to Xiaoning Wu, from Beijing Normal University, China, for the paper entitled: “How Many Storms? Estimation of Historical Tropical Cyclone Rate for Coastal China”. The second prize was awarded to Shiyu Zhang, DPRI, [...]
A Special IDRiM Journal Issue of the IDRiM 2013 Conference will be published in 2014 based on papers presented at the conference.